Friday, August 17, 2012

Quick notes from Days 1 and 2 of the Adventure by Ryan

- Within five minutes of entering JFK, I had lost my passport. If not for the attentiveness of the Asiana Airlines employees (who found it on the ground and started looking for me), I'd still be in the U.S.

- My Ecco sandals, which I ordered several months ago for this trip, had such a horrific odor that I bagged them as soon as I boarded the flight. My first act in Seoul was to throw my sandals in the combination washer/dryer in my hotel room. Jane just mentioned that she spied the gentleman next to her in the window seat waft his nose several times.

- I can highly recommend Asiana Airlines. Great staff, nice in-flight entertainment, and two scrumptious Korean-style airplane meals made even our coach seats very enjoyable for the fourteen-hour flight. The only hiccup was that we were delayed at JFK for 1.5 hours while the ground crew tried to disconnect a trailer from the aircraft.

- After 2.5 hours in immigration and busing to Seoul, I threw up my arms in praise once we made it to our hotel. Jane and I had been up 27 hours before laying down on our rock-hard (but strangely comfortable) mattress.

Time to start Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment