Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Holding my breath.

It's almost time! We are so close! Right now I'm laying amongst all my backpack stuff that I've packed, repacked and packed and unpacked again. It never ends, the decision making process of the things to carry around for a 65 day trip through multiple climates. Ay!

Ryan and I spent our honeymoon yesterday mostly in the car. It was a lot harder to leave my parents house in Michigan than I thought. We had had such a relaxing and memorable time, both my brother's and cousin's wedding, camping in the rain, sitting by the lake, playing with my nephew, even listening to the fountain out my window at night. It's never easy to leave, but this time was especially difficult. Much anxiety ensued while getting ready to leave, I was tired, anxious, nervous, and even though we were supposed to take off Sunday night, I really couldn't get it together emotionally to make that happen. I needed sleep, and Ryan was wide awake! So, getting up at 5:30 am didn't go over too well. We were both grumpy and still tired, so what started out as a crappy morning, soon was remedied with the idea that we would stop at Hersey Park in Pennsylvania for a bit to make our 1st anniversary a little bit less of a forgettable day. It was just what we needed!! We made that theme park our b#%^! We rode some awesome roller coasters and got some chocolate for the Daniel clan. We stayed a few hours longer than expected, but for $20 for an evening pass, and roller coasters that made me scream and laugh simultaneously, I'd say it was worth it.

I guess getting ready to travel is a little bit like getting ready to ride a new, big roller coaster. You wait in line, wait in line, wait in line, thinking about how great it will be, all the twists and turns , the inverted hills that will make your stomach drop out, the banks that will surprise you, the dips that will thrill you, waiting there with fear and excitement all mixed up because it's all an unknown, but you wanna do it anyway and you hope everything will go ok, and you will get off and turn to the person next to you, with your heart beating fast, and your hair all a mess and say, "that was AWESOME!!! Can we do it again?" Yeah, my stomach might be filled with butterflies now, but just wait till after we make this trip our b#%^!

1 comment:

  1. hooray for this next rollercoaster! looking forward to following your adventures! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete