Friday, August 17, 2012

I've got Seoul

We touched down in Korea tonight! We have checked into a superbly located hotel, walking distance to two temples, and on of my favorite street markets!

It took simply FOREVER to get from the airport to our hotel. At least an additional one and a half hours. My head was lolling around in the seat, plus the driver had the AC blasting away. It's very hot and humid outside, and we were sweating waiting for the shuttle bus at the airport. However, the bus was so cold I needed a sweatshirt and I debated rooting around in my bag for another layer.

Ah well, it dropped us off right outside our hotel, so I can't complain. We've already unpacked too much, taken showers and visited the local 711 for Korean snacks. Yup, first night in Korea and I'm back to eating Ramyun noodles.

It's time to tuck myself into my extremely firm, Korean style bed and experience the sleep of backpacking kings! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment